Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rude Awakening

Yesterday my kitten, Portia, got hold of one of those plastic rings that come off of gallon water jugs. She played with it for hours, tossing it up in the air and jumping after it, pouncing on it, throwing it across the room and chasing it, etc. It was adorable.

So this morning, when I was still barely awake, I didn't think much of it when she was playing the same way on the bed. I just figured she had that plastic ring again and was having herself a ball with it. And then her toy landed on my neck.

Yes, it was a dead mouse. :-/

2 comments:

GhostFolk.com said...

Hi, Loretta. Just dropped by to say hi and read your blog. Nice stuff! And, lordy, I do love the angry onion lady. LOL.

I used to live in K.C., btw. This is probably why I remember the caskets in the Missouri River.

I also used to write mystery novels. Bantam/Doubleday brought out a series of four of them and, I think I remember this correctly, my fourth title was the actual last number of the once-famous Doubleday Crime Club series.

I like to think my incredibly lousy sales helped kill the line. :-)

Thank you for saying hi on my blog. It's so nice to meet a writer from Moe.

Loretta Ross said...

Thanks for stopping by! It's always nice to meet another ghost enthusiast, and especially nice to meet one with a Missouri connection. :)

Now I'm going to have to look for your mysteries as well as your ghost books. Are they still in print?